If you could pick up a book that taught you Grails and Flex, what topics would be important to you?
My last blog post generated a lot of interest, and I was contacted by a publisher that would be interested in seeing a proposal. I got the blessings from the chief to start putting a proposal together.
Here is some of the topic ideas I have for it, based on my experiences with Grails and Flex. What do you think is missing? What would you like to read in a book that dealt with Grails and Flex?
I guess my idea for a book would be one that will tackle common problems in Flex development ( faced mostly by those in a digital marketing / advertising / rich internet application ) perspective, and finding simple, elegant solutions in Grails.
My list of common questions are:
- What are my options in integrating Flex / Grails ? ( BlazeDS / Flex Plugin / REST services )
- How do I make my build process more efficient / integrated? ( Maven / write own plugins )
- How do I add Search? ( Lucene / Searchable plugin )
- How do I make my website Search Engine Optimized, accessible? ( Deep Linking / Content Negotiation )
- How do I integrate with third parties and present alternative content? ( Facebook, iPhone views, Mail, Paypal )
- How do I manage my content / assets ? ( Scaffolding, transients )
- How do I support multiple Languages? ( i18n template, i18n-domains )
- How do I scale my content? ( Mor.ph, Amazon EC2, Terracota, Solr )
- How do I support AIR / Flash? ( Localconnection, REST services / XML )
- How do I transform my legacy database / data into one that is Flex ready? ( GRAG )
What do you think?