In this screencast, I show how to use Flex, Grails and the Google App Engine’s image service to quickly build an online image resizing and rotation tool.
- Part 1: Application introduction and walkthrough of the Flex Front End.
- Part 2: Embedding your swf into your Grails project for Deployment.
- Part 3:Introduction to the Google App Engine Image Service and the implementation of the Grails controller wrapper.
- Link to the application: http://tomaslin.appspot.com/transformation/ ( right-click to view flex source )
- ObjectHandles: http://code.google.com/p/flex-object-handles/
- SpringSource Quickcast: http://blog.springsource.com/2009/05/14/grails-111-released-with-google-appengine-support/
- Source for Tranformation Service:http://tomaslin.googlepages.com/TransformationController.groovy
Please send any feedback or comments to email@example.com